May 11, 2008

He's a Legend

I Am Legend is another of Will Smith's blockbusters, and when I say blockbuster I really mean a great movie, not just a huge budget, 5 star all memorabilia included. Not like I Robot which is when you think about it, a 90 minute or so television commercial with worlds most expensive products.
I Am Legend is a story about Lt. Robert Neville, and his struggle to reverse the effects of a terrifying virus that has whiped out most of humanity, and turned the surviving humans into "Dark seekers", mindless zombies who dwell in dark places because they're not immune to sunlight and who try to bite and kill everything that is not yet affected, and feed. Neville is somehow immune to the virus and for 3 years he's living alone in New York, which is the source of the plague, he's trying to find a cure. Animals are immune to the airborne virus so Neville's soul friend in the movie is a German shepherd - Samantha. Will Smith has once again proved that humor isn't his only acting feature, and that he truly is a versatile actor. The movie is exciting as hell so if You want to see a good action/disaster movie this year, I Am Legend should be very high on your list.
My rating: 4.6/5

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wery interesting and powerful movie... I like it!